HELP GROUP PRIVACY NOTICE
At HELP Group, we value your privacy and strive to protect your personal information in compliance with the laws of Malaysia. HELP Group will collect and use personal information in accordance with such laws (including the Personal Data Protection Act 2010), this Privacy Notice and the terms in your agreement(s) with any HELP Group entity that you may have contracted with. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, please note that:
- HELP Group
refers to HELP International Corporation Berhad and all its direct and indirect subsidiaries, including but not limited to HELP University Sdn Bhd, HELP Training Centre Sdn Bhd, HELP Academy Sdn Bhd, HELP College of Arts and Technology Sdn Bhd, HELP Executive Advanced Training Sdn Bhd, HELP M&E Sdn Bhd HELP Education Services Sdn Bhd and Symphony Haven Sdn. Bhd.
- Personal information
in this case refers to personal information relating directly or indirectly to an identifiable individual. Personal information in some cases consists of â€œsensitive personal informationâ€, which refers to information relating to your health, religious beliefs, etc. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, both personal information and sensitive personal information are included in any use of the term â€œpersonal informationâ€.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
In order to enable us to provide you with our services, we may need to and/or may be required to collect, use, disclose and store (i.e. â€œprocessâ€) personal information about you, including but not limited to, (i) proof of identity (such as your identification number or signature); (ii) contact information (such as name, address, e-mail address and telephone number); (iii) registration and enrolment information (such as educational records, transcripts or results of examinations to verify your educational background and academic history); (iv) information on your health, to enable our institutions to accommodate the needs of any health conditions you may have; (v) financial and invoicing information (such as credit card number and credit history) to provide you with financial assistance and/or to invoice you for courses and materials; (vi) demographic information (such as age, gender, industry and occupation); and (vii) any other personal information you may provide in the course of your application or inquiry, or our provision to you, of any of our services. We may obtain this information from you from a variety of sources including but not limited to, (i) through your relationship with us, for example when you enrol in our courses or complete surveys; (ii) through your verbal, written and/or electronic communication with us; (iii) when you obtain financing from us and/or; (iv) from such other sources in respect of which you have given us your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted.
Â HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Other than as stated above, we may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to establish your identity;
- to assess your application(s)/request(s) for our services;
- to administer your admission into our institutions;
- to set, receive and grade coursework, assessment and examinations;
- to record course grades and outcomes;
- to verify qualifications, educational background and/or examination results;
- to monitor academic progress;
- to deliver student services including health and counselling services;
- to organise graduations, scholarships, prizes and sponsorships;
- to better understand your current and future educational needs;
- to provide you with information on our and third party educational services which may be of interest to you;
- to improve our services and develop new services;
- to provide you with secondary or ancillary services such as memberships to university facilities e.g. libraries or gyms;
- to operate student bodies such as student associations and alumni;
- to invoice you for enrolment in the course of education you have applied to undertake, materials and resources;
- to manage complaints and student misconduct allegations;
- to undertake reviews, questionnaires, surveys and research;
- to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any of your agreements with us;
- to protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us;
- for any other related academic and administrative services; and/or
- for any other purpose(s) required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines; and/or relevant legal authorities.
We will ask for your consent before using your personal information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As part of providing you with our services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required to or need to disclose information about you to other members of the HELP Group and the following third parties:
- the Ministry of Education and/or the Ministry of Higher Education;
- academic institutions, whether affiliated or otherwise;
- the Malaysian Qualifications Agency;
- relevant professional bodies;
- donors of scholarships, prizes and sponsorships;
- student bodies (such as student associations and alumni);
- companies and/or organisations providing internships and employment opportunities;
- companies and/or organisations that act as our service providers; and/or
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing, administering and/or otherwise delivering services that you have requested,
subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the HELP Group (whether in or outside Malaysia). We will otherwise treat your personal information as private and confidential and will not disclose your information to anyone outside HELP Group except where:-
- you have given your consent,
- we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- where required or authorised by any order of court, tribunal or authority, whether governmental or quasi-governmental with jurisdiction over HELP Group;
- where we may transfer rights and obligations under our agreement(s) with you; and/or
- where we are required to meet our obligations to any relevant legal authority.
EXERCISING YOUR CHOICE IN RESPECT OF THE DISCLOSURE AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR PURPOSES OF MARKETING
We may use your personal information to provide you with information on our and third party educational services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
INCOMPLETE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where indicated (for example in application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, or if you later withdraw your consent for us to process the same, we may not be able to process your application/request or continue to provide you with our services.
Â YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to, correct and/or update your personal information in our possession by contacting us at the contact details provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request and the relevant processing fee. Please note that HELP Group may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
Â REVISIONS TO PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time. Notice of any such revision will be given on www.help.edu.my website and/or by such other means of communication deemed suitable by HELP Group.